At ZED Tuition, we endeavour to provide consistency in our approach, whether in individual or group lessons. Our focus is always on developing students’ skills to interpret and understand content, so they can effectively apply their knowledge. ZED Tuition’s programs are designed around this focus, and are implemented in conjunction with regular, consistent and effective feedback – the cornerstone of ZED Tuition’s philosophy.
In Mathematics Extension 1, we offer tuition in the following formats:
- Group (2-10 students)
- 2-hour lesson per week
- 10 lessons per school term
- See below for lesson program.
ZED Tuition’s Mathematics Extension 1 courses intend to guide their students towards achievement of the following success criteria as adapted from the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA):
– Extensive demonstration of mathematical skills and knowledge;
– Synthesis and application of sophisticated multi-step mathematical techniques, reasoning, justification, ideas, models and problem-solving strategies to effectively and efficiently evaluate mathematical problems in a range of contexts;
– Interpretation and explanation of mathematical solutions;
– Effective communication of complex concepts through application of mathematical language, both numerically and diagrammatically, in a range of contexts.
ZED Tuition’s group lessons will cover the following NESA-developed curriculum modules throughout its term programs*:
|Year 11||Year 12|
|Topic 1 |
– Further Work with Functions
– Trigonometric Functions
– Inverse Trigonometric Functions
– Further Trigonometric Identities
– Rates of Change
– Working with Combinatorics
|Topic 5 |
– Proof by Mathematical Induction
– Introduction to Vectors
– Trigonometric Functions
– Trigonometric Equations
– Further Calculus Skills
– Applications of Calculus
– Statistical Analysis
– The Binomial Distribution
* The actual scope and sequence of modules/topics/subtopics will be determined at the discretion of the Head of Department during program creation.
For further information regarding NESA requirements for the Preliminary and Higher School Certificate Mathematics Extension 1 Courses, please refer to the link below or contact one of our qualified staff members.
GROUP LESSON PROGRAM
|15 minutes||Assessment |
– Test to assess content covered
– Multiple Choice and Short Answer examination-style questions
– See below regarding Student Feedback Portfolio
|55 minutes||Content Delivery |
– Explicit teacher instruction in specified syllabus content areas
|50 minutes||Application |
– Teacher directed analysis of content related and application-based questions
– Student opportunity for application of content to questions and to seek clarification of content covered.
– Students may also seek assistance with school work in this time.
STUDENT FEEDBACK PORTFOLIO
In staying true to our philosophy on the importance of effective feedback for student academic progression, ZED Tuition provides each student with their own Feedback Portfolio, which can be accessed by parents and guardians throughout the term. The Student Feedback Portfolio is an important communication tool between ZED and parents/guardians to maintain transparency regarding their child’s performance. Contained in the student Feedback Portfolio is:
- Copies of weekly assessment tasks and results
- Copies of pre and post-term assessment tasks
- Weekly Participation Report that monitors in-class and homework completion
- End of Term Report.
This Feedback Portfolio is provided free of charge to all students enrolled in a term course.