At ZED Tuition, we endeavour to provide consistency in our approach, whether in individual or group lessons. Our focus is always on developing students’ skills to interpret and understand content, so they can effectively apply their knowledge. ZED Tuition’s programs are designed around this focus, and are implemented in conjunction with regular, consistent and effective feedback – the cornerstone of ZED Tuition’s philosophy.
ZED Tuition’s Mathematics courses intend to guide their students towards achievement of the following success criteria as adapted from the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA):
– Extensive demonstration and application of mathematical knowledge and understanding;
– Highly competent demonstration and application of mathematical skills and processes in a range of contexts.
For Stage 5 Mathematics, we offer tuition in the following format:
- Group (2-10 students)
- One and a half hour lesson per week
- 10 lessons per school term
- See below for lesson program.
GROUP LESSON PROGRAM
|10 minutes|| Assessment |
– Test to assess content covered
– Multiple Choice and Short Answer examination-style questions
– See below regarding Student Feedback Portfolio
|40 minutes|| Content Delivery |
– Explicit teacher instruction in specified syllabus content areas
|40 minutes|| Application |
– Teacher directed analysis of content related and application-based questions
– Student opportunity for application of content to questions and to seek clarification of content covered.
– Students may also seek assistance with school work in this time.
STUDENT FEEDBACK PORTFOLIO
In staying true to our philosophy on the importance of effective feedback for student academic progression, ZED Tuition provides each student with their own Feedback Portfolio, which can be accessed by parents and guardians throughout the term. The Student Feedback Portfolio is an important communication tool between ZED and parents/guardians to maintain transparency regarding their child’s performance. Contained in the student Feedback Portfolio is:
- Copies of weekly assessment tasks and results
- Copies of pre and post-term assessment tasks
- Weekly Participation Report that monitors in-class and homework completion
- End of Term Report.
This Feedback Portfolio is provided free of charge to all students enrolled in a term course.